There is an interesting database trial going on right now through our PALCI consortium for several unique digitized archival collections. Historians, and other researchers requiring specific primary source materials, might find these collections of great value. Slavery, Abolition and Social Justice, 1490-2007 and Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961 seem particularly promising.
To access the Adam Matthew Digital – North American Discovery Package trial, go to:
Select any of the seven resources in the package (see below for a list of all resources available through this trial).
In the username box, enter: PALCI (must be capitalized) and for the password, enter DBTRIAL (must be capitalized). Once you explore one collection, feel free to go back to the login page and select one of the other resources available through this trial and check it out!
- The American West
- Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961
- Everyday Life & Women in America, c1800-1920
- The Nixon Years, 1969-1974
- Slavery, Abolition and Social Justice, 1490-2007
- Travel Writing, Spectacle and World History
- Virginia Company Archives
If you have any follow-up questions, just let us know. Thanks.